I am a big believer in continuing education. I believe we should be constantly learning new things all the time. Here are some of the things I have been learning recently, in no particular order.
- Having lots of power tools is a good thing, but if you can’t afford having lots of power tools, having a friend who has lots of power tools is a good thing. Thanks for being my friend, Curt.
- Five of the most powerful words in the English language are: “I am praying for you.” When someone tells you that and you know that they mean it, it can give you a pretty good boost.
- While it is good to see your daughter practicing soccer on her own in the front yard, it might also be a good idea to discourage her from practicing punting by trying to kick the ball over the house. I still need to fix that window.
- The absolute worst question to be asked in an interview is this: “What is your biggest weakness?” What are you supposed to say? I’m thinking that next time I might try, “Well, I really struggle with incontinence.” I’d love to see what kind of reaction that would get.
- What I need and what I think I need are two different things – but I have a hard time telling them apart. So I’m just praying for everything.
- It’s bad when you miss your connecting flight in Cleveland, especially when it is that day’s last flight home. What’s even worse is having your luggage make the flight.
- You have to deliberately put things in your life that you can look forward to – otherwise you spend way too much time looking back, and that is the wrong direction.
- The reason that summer doesn’t officially start until June 21 is to keep all of us in the North from complaining about how bad the weather is. Hey, it’s still spring – what do you expect?
- Chocolate syrup that hardens into a shell when it hits the ice cream cannot be stored in the fridge.
- Hope and joy are closely connected. When we lose hope, we lose our joy. So if I have a joy problem, I probably have a hope problem. And if I have a hope problem, I probably have a faith problem. (see Rom. 12:12)
Filed under: Random Thoughts